Hi dear friends! hope you are doing well so far. Today, I prepared raisins cake with orange flavour. Sometimes, simple, easy and nice cakes, has the greatest impact and this raisins and orange cake is one of those. It’s easy and fast and citrusy raisins cake and it is yummy enough to be enjoyed any time of day.
Raisins Orange Loaf Cake
- 200 g plain flour
- 150 g raisins
- 150 g unsalted and soft butter
- 150 g icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp orange extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease a loaf tin.Mix flour, salt and baking powder together and sift it.
- Keep raisins in boiled water for 5 minutes
- In a separate bowl, mix icing sugar with butter and orange extract until soft and creamy.
- Then, add 2 eggs and keep stirring until well combined.
- Drain raisins and add them to flour. Give a quick stir.
- Add butter-sugar mixture to flour. Use a spoon and mix all ingredients together..
- Transfer cake batter to prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until cake is golden brown and firm to the touch.Once cake is ready. Leave in the tin until completely cooled. Sprinkle cake with icing sugar andddd it is ready to serve with a cuppa chai or coffee.