This is a recipe for orange doughnuts دونات پرتقالی with texture of fritters. The recipe is not complicated at all and just in 15 minutes they are ready to serve. So, If you want a quick, citrusy and fatty doughnut this is it, with awesome flavour and it is an absolute MUST.
Orange Fritters Recipe فریتر پرتقالی
- 350 g plain flour
- 180 ml milk
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 30 g White sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large orange or lemon peel
- pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
Ingredients for coating
- some sugar and cinnamon mixture
- or some powdered sugar
- Mix flour , baking powder and salt together. Sift it into a large bowl. Add sugar too and give a stir.
- Next, pour in milk, oil and orange/lemon peel.
- Use your hand and knead dough. It will come together very quickly and you have a nice and non-stick dough as you see in the photos.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and divide it into 12-13 pieces. Or, into small dough balls, as you see in the photos.
- Flatten the dough without rolling pin and simply use your hands. Or make tiny dough balls.
- Heat a good amount of oil in a pot and fry them until nicely golden. Then remove doughnuts, from the oil and coat them with mixture of sugar -cinnamon or just powdered sugar (it’s optional)They are fluffy and perfectly cooked. If you try these citrusy fritters, you would love them.