There are lots of curry sauce recipes., like Rogan josh sauce, tikka masala sauce, jalrezi sauce, or korma sauce. One after another one are amazingly tasty.
Today I am going to present how to make a restaurnt level Vindaloo curry sauce. Vindaloo ویندالو means vinegar and garlic. Portuguese introduced vindaloo recipe to Goa in India.
Vindaloo curry sauce سس کاری ویندالو is a good mix of spices, which adds plenty of flavour, and colour to the dish. You can add this beautiful homemade Vindaloo sauce to any types of meat like: beef / lamb or chicken, turkey, fish or shrimp and create a great curry dish in restaurant levels.
How To Make Indian Vindaloo Curry Sauce
- 400 g cooked meat: beef, lamb, turkey, chicken, fish or prawns
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 thumb sized pieces of fresh root ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ tbsp curry powder
- 1½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- Small bunch of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cidere vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Add grated garlic and ginger. Lightly fry it for 1 minute.
- Then add tomato paste and all of the spices. Mix all ingredients together
- and fry them for a few minutes until aroma release and you have smooth paste. A viola, ourVindaloo sauce is ready.
- How did I use this sauce??
- Well, I had some leftover turkey. So, I mixed my prepared Vindaloo sauce with 2tbsp of vinegar, 1tbasp honey and 400ml of water (enough to cover all ingredients).
- Add it to the meat. Gently stir and simmer for about 20 minutes.Taste and season with salt and pepper before serve. Sprinkle over the vindaloo curry some coriander leaves ُand serve it with your favourite rice.