Hi everyone or as we say in Farsi: salam be hamegi سلام به همگی .
Well I am sure you have seen or bought leopard print shirt, coat, shoes, bag, …. so what about leopard print cookies کوکی پلنگی . They are buttery cookies and very easy to make them.
Leopard Print Cookies
- cookie cutter
- 215 g all purpose flour
- 125 g unsalted soft butter
- 50 g powdered sugar/ icing sugar
- 25 g powdered sugar/icing sugar
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.Mix flour with 50g powdered sugar and set aside. In another bowl, mix soft butter with 25g powdere sugar, vanilla extract and egg yolk and combine well.
- Now, gradually add flour-sugar mixture to the butter and mix untilthe dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into 3 balls. One large , one medium and one smallsize dough.
- Add 2tbsp of cocoa powder to medium size dough along with 1ts pmilk and knead the dough until mix well.Add 1tbsp of cocoa poswer to small size of dough along with 1tsp milk and knead the dough well.
- Now, we have 3 shades of dough one light colour dough, one dark brown and one light brown dough. Wrap each dough in a plastic foil and refregerate them to set for 1hour.
- Now, take small pieces of cocoa dough and roll them into small balls.
- put the white dough on a piece of parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll the dough flat (as you seein the photos).
- Place the dark cocoa balls onto the dough and flatten with your finger.
- Next, put light cocoa balls on top of the dark cocoa balls and press them down.
- Place parchment paper on top of the dough
- and gently press rolling pin, so cocoa dough balls stick to the white dough. So cocoa dough balls stick to the white dough.
- Remove parchment paper and cut the cookies with a cookie cutter. Place them on the baking tray and bake in preheated oven 180C/ 350F for 15-20 minutes or until golden.