I love eggs and spinach as well, and my following recipe contains both of them. This Persian spinach and eggs dish, is called Nargesi نرگسی in Farsi.
This delicious vegetarian dish is from North شمال of Iran ایران . It is very notorious and and very very simple and easy in ingredients and preparation. It is full of flavour and spices.
Nargesi is made with Spinach, fried onion, eggs, garlic and spices .
Soooo, If you’re looking for a new and exciting recipe for breakfast or brunch ,THIS recipe is just for you. It is, amazingly delicious, healthy and easy way to impress your family members and friends.
Persian Spinach and Eggs Dish (Nargesi)
- 500 g Spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated (optional)
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Clean spinach and wash it well in several changes of water. Then, Chop spinach roughly . Place chopped spianch in a pot along with 1 cup of water. And ½ tsp salt.
- Cover the pot and cook until spinach is wilted (it will take about6-7 minutes). Drain cooked spianch in a colander to get rid of extra water.
- Then, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and fry onion until golden.
- In this stage you can add grated garlic and fry for 1 minute , or if you do not like galirc, just skip it.
- Then, add salt- pepper- and turmeric to the onion and fry for a minute. Next, add cooked spinach, to fried onion.
- Give a quick Stir and cook for about 10 minutes until spinach start to lose water.
- Crack the eggs and add them to the Spinach mixtur in the pan. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Wait until the eggs are half cooked before mixing . Becasue it is important to have chunks of egg in this dish. And now our Spinach and eggs dish is ready. Serve Nargesi warm with yogurt and pita bread or any kind of your favourit bread.