Cutlet/ Kotlet کتلت is an Iranian version of meat patty. It is mixture of ground beef or lamb with potatoes (whether boiled or raw), onions, spices, bread crumbs or chickpea flour.
If you are not a fan of beef/lamb, you can use ground turkey or chicken instead. Click here for other kotlet recipe:
They are incredibly tasty. The traditional shape of cutlet is oval but you can make it in round shape as well. Click here for Ardebili kotlet
cutlet might be served warm or cold. You can serve ctulet with flat bread or with rice or make a beautiful cutlet sandwich with baguette bread or pitta bread.
Kotlet (Persian Meat Patties)
- 250 g minced beef/lamb
- 280 g raw potatoes, grated finely, squeeze to get rid of juice
- 160 g onion, grated finely and squeeze to get rid of juice
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Pepper to taste
- Olive or sun flower oil
- In a bowl, add grated potatoes, onion, garlic, plain flour and ground meat.
- Season with salt- pepper, turmeric and curry powder. Crack the egg and add it to rest of kotlet ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together and knead until well combined. Let it rest in the fridege for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Take small amount of meat mixture, coat it with bread crumbs and shape oval or round patties.
- And then, fry the patties in the pan over medium heat until fried on both sides.