Tabriz تبریز is located in NW of Iran. A beautiful, ancient and historical city with wonderful mountains, landscapes, and rich cultural places like: mosques such as Blue mosqueمسجد کبود with gorgeous blue tiles, that was constructed in 1465 with long history and story, and Jameh mosque مسجد جامع , Grand Bazaar بازار بزرگ, Churches such as St. Stephanos Monastery کلیسای سنت استپانوس, in Jolfa جلفا , old fortresses and citadels, and Kandovan village روستای کندوان is one of the most attractive places that every tourist should visit this place, with houses carved into the volcanic rock stones and yet is inhabited by hundreds of people. Still there are mausoleum of poets, and museums in Tabriz, that all are popular for tourists.
Click here to find wafers for this recipe.
What led me to talk about Tabriz, is one of traditional sweets from this city. It is called Nougat. You can make nougat with combination of egg whites, liquid glucose, sugar/honey and nuts. But this recipe is a shortcut for making nougat. With using marshmallows , nuts and dried fruits, you can create such a delicious treat for yourself, family members and friends and impress them.
In my recipe, I have used almonds, walnuts, apricots and raisins but You can take absolutely any nuts or dried or candid fruits you like.
Yummy Recipe 4 Nougat
- 200 g marshmallow
- 100 g dried milk powder
- 55 g unsalted butter
- 50 g raisins
- 50 g apricots
- 50 g almonds
- 50 g walnuts
- ½ tsp rose water (golab)
- Ice cream wafers or rice paper: optional
- Grease baking tray with butter. Cover it with a slice of rice papper or ice cream wafer and set aside.
- Toast the almonds and walnuts in a dry pan or in the oven at 160C for 10minutes.Place butter in a non-stick pan and melt it over a low heat.
- Then, add marshmallow and stir together until marshmallow are melted. Add milk powder. Keep stirring until all ingredients mixed well together andmilk powder is not visible.
- Next, stir in rose water, raisins, apricots, almonds and walnuts quickly until all combined well.
- Now, we have a frim marshmaloow mixture.
- Pour it straight into the baking tray and press down the mixute.
- Then cover top of the nougat with ice cream wafers and push down firmly: as you see in the photos.
- Now, let this sit for 2 hours in the fridge to set and then press the knife to the edges of baking tray and push up the nougat and cut into pieces.
- Orrrrrr, there is another method for feeling lazy time:😂😂 so when Nougat is ready, Pour it straight on a parchment paper. Leave nougat until slightly cold and then just use your hands and take small portion of nougat at a time and form a ball shape or finger shape. Then let to set for 2 hours and voilla, they are ready.