Pomegranate means Anaar انار in Farsi language and Naar نار in Azerbaijani language. The following stew is called nar qovurmasi نار قورماسی that literally means pomegranate seeds stew. Two main ingredients in this dish are chestnuts شاه بلوط and pomegranate seeds دانه انار.
In the harvest time of chestnusts and pomegranates, this dish might be interesting for you to try.
Chestnuts are great addition to dishes and jwel like pomegrante seeds with beautiful topaz colour are always great in any dish and salad.
- 400 g chicken breast
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 250 g fresh or canned chesnuts
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp pomegrnate molasses
- 1 tbsp saffron water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For making saffron water: 20 threads is good for making for about 2tbsp of saffron water.Place 2 ice cubes in a small bowl. Sprinkle ground saffron on top of the ice cubes and let it sit in room temperature until the ice is fully melted. Now, your saffron water with a beautiful aroma and colour isready. You can use it immediately or store it in an airtight bottle in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add diced chicken meat and fry until change the colour.
- Add sliced onions to the chickne and fry on medium heat forabout 10 minutes. Frequently, stir all ingredients.
- After 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Add chesnuts, pomegrante molasses and saffron water. Add 1 cup boiled water. Give a stir. Cover the pot with a lid. Cook the stew on low heat for about 20minutes.
- Then add ½ cup of pomegranted seed to the stew and let it cook for next 10 minutes.Serve this atuhentic dish with steamed rice.Noshe jan/ Nosh ulsun