There is nothing like a home made delectable cake for after dinner with cuppa tea or coffee. Moist Almond cake کیک خیس بادام is a simple cake that’s moist, tender and incredibly delicious with saffron flavour. Star of this recipe is alomnd, I mean ground almond. Almond is called badamبادام in Farsi. I’m sure this moutwatering and adorable cake, will satisfy all family members and specially picky ones👍😁👌 . If you DO NOT believe me, just try it.
Moist Almond Cake
- 1½ cups dried milk powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 3 eggs
- ¼ tsp Saffron threads
- Some slivered or flaked almonds
- Pre heatoven to 160C degree.Grease or line a shallow cake tin (15-20cm) with parchment paper and set aside.In a bowl, add ground almond,milk powder, saffron threads and sugar. Mix them together.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk them. Add melted butter and beaten eggs to ground almond mixture and stir to blend and combined well.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the cake and comes out clean.
- Let cool down in the tin and then cut it into slices, sprinkle some slivered or flaked almonds top of the slices. Serve it as it is, or serve it with ice cream.