I obsessed over my banana and walnut loaf . It’s a moist cake, it’s rich, it is DELICIOUS. Obviously it is banana cake and main star of the recipe is banana. The ideal bananas for this cake loaf recipe are: frozen bananas, or bananas left in the fruit basket and overripe bananas too, all are great. This is one of the easiest banana cake to make.
Banana is called moseموز and walnut is called gerdu گردو in Farsi.
Banana and Walnut loaf
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Pre heat the oven at 175C degree.Grease inside the cake tin and line the base of the tin with parchment paper. Mix sifted flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a separated bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy and combined well.
- Next stop, add mashed bananas- beaten eggs and chopped walnuts to the mixed butter and combine all ingredients together.
- At the end add flour and mix all ingredients together until you have a smooth batter. Pour the batter into the cake tin, place it in the oven. Bake for 60-70 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 15 minutes. Then, remove the lining paper andplace it on a wire rack.Serve warm or cold in THICK slices and of course with a cuppa chai (tea) or coffee.If you want to serve it cold, You can wrap the cake with a foil and fridge it for few hours and then serve it.