Goshe feel گوش فیل is a traditional deep fried pastry in Iran. These tasty fried pastries, are soaked in saffron-sugar syrup. For Saffron-sugar syrup recipe, click here:https://rozinaspersiankitchen.com/2020/05/16/saffron-sugar-syrup-recipe/
Gosh-e feel گوش فیل in Farsi means elephant ear. Maybe you ask why elephant ears? Well, Gosh-e feel Made by shaping dough into the elephant ear shape pastry and after fried, garnished with crushed pistachios.
Deep fried Pastries such as gosh-e feel گوش فیل, zoolbia زولبیا (jalebi) and bamieh بامیه are baked thorogh out the year but are more popular sweets in holy month of Ramadan.
Gosh-e Feel گوش فیل
- 4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- ½ cup sunflower oli
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- start by beating the eggs, salt, baking powder and vegetableoil very well.
- Then add beaten eggs to the sifted flour and whisk the ingredients.
- Then, add Gradually the milk, as required.
- Knead the dough with hand, until come together and you have a well combined dough. Cover the dough with a cling film and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- After1 hour, knead the dough for 1 minute and then, divide it into 4 pieces.
- Place one piece of dough on a floured surface. Using a rolling pin and flatten the dough. Then with a cookie cutter, cut the dough, into circle shape, as you see in the photos.
- Next stop, take one of circle cut dough and flatten with rolling pin and then
- pinch half of a circle as you see in the photos and make an elephant ear shape.
- Fry them in hot oil until golden( it will take about 2 minutes).
- Then remove from the oil. They will become crunchy. Now, place fried goshe feel, on a kitchen paper to get rid of extra oil and then place them into the prepared warmsyrup. Coat the pastry for 2-3 minutes. Then take them out of the syrup and place them in a plate, garnish with chopped pistachio and ready to serve.