Hi everyone. I am so excited about my following recipe. Obviously they are baked potatoes, but they are not cooked on hot coals or wood. I tell you what it was.
It’s an amazing method to bake Campfire style potatoes in the kitchen, on the hot pebble stones on top of the stove in a pot.
The baked potatoes turned out amazing. They look beautiful and they taste great. They were just fabulous, very tender inside and crispy outside. While they were cooking, inside of my kitchen smell delicious, like a country house and it gives such a beautiful feeling of peace and security. It is very easy to prepare them and requiring potatoes, pebble stone and pot. Let see what we will need . to make them.
You can use same method for baking meat, fish, potatoes, sweet potatoes.
Baking Potatoes on Hot Stones
- 1 Dutch pot or ordinary pot
- 1 bucket of smooth pebble stones (same stones for fish tank)
- 4-5 large potatoes
- 1 small clove of garlic
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp dried oregano or other aromatic dried herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash pebble stones. Add enough pebble stones in the pot to coat bottom of the pot. Add ½ cup of water to the pot. It will help to steam thepotatoes.
- Wash the potatoes. Use a fork and poke potatoes. placethem on the pebble stones.
- Cover the pot with a lid. Place the pottop of stove and let to bake on a high heat for about 1 hour or so.
- Occasionally, turn potatoes over and let all sides cook.
- While potatoes are baking, Peel away skin of garlic and grate it. Add some butter, grated garlic, salt, pepper and dried herbs to a bowl. Melt the butter and set aside.
- Potatoes are done, when a knife, slips into a potato easily. When potatoes are baked, remove them from the pot. Slice them open. Add meltedbutter and serve hot . Theyare absolutely delicious.