In one of my earlier recipes, I shared home made butter in different flavours, which is made with cream.Click here But today, I would like to share a wonderful recipe for making a quick home made butter from butter itself. Butter is called: Kare کره in Farsi.
Yes it is very convenient recipe and you can make this beautiful and delicious butter with less effort. We enjoy salted butter, so that’s why I added salt to make it more tasty, but if you prefer, you can skip the salt. The taste of this butter is great, a combination of lemon zest, some fresh herbs and salt, is just yum.
You can use this butter for making omelette, cooking rice, or topping cooked rice, for frying fish or for buttered bread.
A Quick-Easy Home made Butter
- 1 cup soft bread, room temperature
- 1 lemon zest
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- Some fresh or dried herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, addbutter, lemon zest, oil, herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Use afork and mix all ingredients together well until is smooth and soft. Ok my friends, ourspreadable butter is ready to use it. Simply pour into a containerand refrigerate it. it will firm up in the fridge. So at this step you can use the butter
- or you can do something else: Pour the softenedbutter mixture on a piece of parchment paper
- and roll it up into thesausage shape. Tide the ends as you see in the photos. Keep it in the freezer for 3-4 hours until chilled firm up.
- This home madebutter will last up to 1 month in the fridge. Do not leave the butterat room temperature for long time, otherwise, it will start toseparate. You can use this butter for making omelette, cooking rice, or toppingcooked rice, for frying fish or for buttered bread.