Yesterday I made minced chicken kebab کباب کوبید مرغ that is One of my family’s all time favourite comfort meal.
I love this dish, because these chicken kebabs are deliciously tender and full of flavour.
There is no bread crumbs or flour for binding in this recipe, therefore, it is good for ones who are not friendly with gluten. Also, chicken kebabs are good choice for those who are not good with eating beef or lamb meat.
chicken kebab goes well either over rice pilaf with salad and fresh herbs or with any kind of bread.
Ground chicken meat is star of this dish. A mixture of chicken breast and thigh is a good mixture and , your kebabs will be juicy and moist.
Pan Fried Chicken kebab
- 500 g ground chicken (mixture of breast and thigh)
- 1 medium onion, finely grated
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp corinader seeds powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Olive oil or butter
- onion gives grate taste to our kebabs. So, first of all, grate the onion,
- and then squeeze to get rid of extra juice and moisture out.. if you want to know why we should get ride of extra juice of onion, because, onion juice will not let ingredients hold together.
- Place the ground chicken, grated onion, chopped bell pepper, and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with ,salt, pepper, turmeric and ground coriander seeds. Use your hand and mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Now we have a well mixed chicken mixture. Cover the mixture with aplastic wrap and set aside in the fridge for 1-2hours or overnight to set.
- In next step, Heat the oil or melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.Place whole meat mixture on the middle of pan. Press it down with your hand or with a spatula, flatten it, to cover the bottom of pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook until you see the meat juice comes out .
- Use a knife or spatula and cut it into wide strips or lengthwise. Fry until golden brown.
- Then flip the chicken kebab slices over and let cook and fry other side too, without lid for another 10 minutes. At the same time, grill or fry the tomatoes.
- Serve the chicken kebab with delicious cooked rice, and tomatoes, fresh herbs and season with sumac (optional). Also with two slices of bread you make a chicken kebab sandwich for yourself and enjoy it.