Yesterday I made minced chicken kebabs that are One of my family’s all time favourite comfort meal.
I love this meal because the kebabs are deliciously tender and full of flavour. They are easy to make and fast to cook.
There is no bread crumbs or flour for binding in this recipe, therefore, it is good for ones who are not friendly with gluten. Also, chicken kebabs are good choice for those who are not good with eating red meat.
chicken kebab goes well either over rice pilaf with salad and fresh herbs or with any kind of bread.
Ground chicken meat is star of this dish. You can use minced chicken breast but it is dried and if you have a mixture of chicken breast and thigh, your kebabs will be juicy and moist. I use a simple marinade contains spices, lemon juice, bell pepper and onion and after marinating, I left it to rest overnight and then I pan fried them until golden brown.
Pan Fried Chicken kebab
- 500 g ground chicken (mixture of breast and thigh)
- 1 medium onion, finely grated
- 1½ tbsp bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp corinader seeds powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Olive oil or butter
- Onion gives good taste to our kebab. So, grate the onion
- and then transfer the grated onion into a clean kitchen towel or a muslin cloth and squeeze the moisture out. As onion juice will not let ingredients hold together.
- Place chicken mince, grated onion, chopped bell pepper, lemon juice, salt, pepper, turmeric and coriander seed powder in a bowl. Use your hand and mix ingredients together well.
- Now we have a well mixed chicken mixture. Cover the mixture with a plastic and Place it in the fridge overnight, or for 2-3 hours to set. Heat the oil or melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Place whole meat mixture on the middle of pan. Press it down with your hand or with a spatula, flatten it, to cover the bottom of pan, as you see in the photos.
- Place the lid on and cook until you see the meat juice come out (this step will take about 10 minutes).
- Use a knife or spatula and cut it into wide strips or lengthwise. Fry until golden brown.
- Then flip the chicken kebab slices over and allow to cook and fry other side too, without lid for another 10 minutes. At the same time, You can grill the tomatoes or cook them top of the
stove, this is optional.
- Serve the chicken kebab with rice,tomatoes, fresh herbs and season with sumac (optional). Also with two slices of bread make a chicken kebab for yourself and enjoy it.