You can call it Napoleon Salad, club sandwich/ salad. This sandwich not only has a rich texture but also has lovely taste with great presentation. This is a beautiful layered sandwich with variety of meat, nuts, veggies, sauces or any cheese you like
You can use chicken meat, fish or sausages in this salad. This is a yummy recipe to make a different salad.With making a sandwich/salad like this, you can surprise your family members or guests.
Sausage Napoleon Salad
- 1 chorizo sausage or 2 cooked chicken breast
- 4 eggs hard boiled and grated
- 100 g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp crushed walnuts
- 6 slices of toast
- 4-5 fresh spring onions, finely chopped
- Mayonnaise or cream cheese
- Plain plain yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp mustard sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill leaves
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a large bowl, add chopped meat, nuts, dried appricot, grated eggs, mayonnaise and plain yogurt.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Trim the crusts from the bread.
- In a separate bowl, cut the crusts into small pieces and add 2-3 tbsp mustard sauce, chopped spring onions and season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- On a clean work surface, arrange 2 bead slices in a row. Spread some of prepared mixture evenly over the bread (as you see in the photos).
- Then, place 2 another toast slices over the mixture and top it with the mixture.
- Repeat with the third layer of toast slices
- Now mix some mayo and plain yogurt together and carefully spread top of the bread slices and cover them.
- Next, use prepared mustard mixture and coat four sides of cake with yellow mixture.
- Use, pomegranate seeds and fresh dill leaves for topping the salad. ( You can use other veggies or herbs for topping too). Place the cake in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set and then using a knife and cut it into rectangle pieces and serve it with pickles and fried potatoes.