Mung beans with rice is one of those meals that is going to be forgotten in Iran. It is very easy recipe to follow and satisfying. Once you eat this rice dish , you will find out how much it is delicious . You could serve it with stew, meat or simply by itself.
Mung Beans And Rice ماش پلو
- 200 g rice, washed
- 1 cup sprouted mung beans,
- 1 cup wheat/ barley , soaked overnight
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil or butter
- Soak mung beans 2-3 days before cooking until sprout the mung. Soak wheat or barley as well, overnight. Pour both of them in a pot, add water , some salt and allow to cook. Heat the oil in a pan. Add chopped onion, sauté it until onion is soft.Add turmeric and pepper.
- Stir it for 2 minutes. Turn off heat. and set aside sauteed onion.
- Once mung beans and wheat cooked, 1 cube of vegetable stock cube,
- washed rice, and sauteed onion. Let it to cook over the medium heat.Serve it with salad/pickles.Nosh-e jan