Korjiki or Gorjiki cookies is a Russian milk cookies, with a taste of cinnamon/ginger and dark texture. This cookie is popular in Russiaa and East Europe. Korjiki is made of flour with honey, milk and …. Perfect treat with a cuppa tea, coffee, hot milk for adults and kids.
This recipe is adapted from Heghineh Cooking Show with some changes by myself.
Delicious Russian Milk Cookies (Korjik بیسکویت شیری)
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup corn starch
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 100 g unsalted butterr
- 1 whole egg+ 1 egg white
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 185C degree.nCover the baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.In a bowl, add melted butter,1 whole egg and 1 egg white, milk,white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, pinch of salt and honey. Whisk together.
- Place the bowl on a pot with boiling water and let to sugar melts and surface of the liquid become bubbly. Then, remove it from the heat and stir in baking soda and set aside.
- In a bowl, add flour, corn starch, baking powder, ginger , and cinnamon and sift it.
- Pour butter mixture on the four and knead the mixture until turn into a well combined and non stick dough. At he begining your dough is runny but do not worry and keep kneading it . in 2-3 minutes that runny battery change into a nice well combined dough.
- On a floured surface, take a rolling pin and roll out the dough. Use a cookie cutter and cut the cookie dough in particular shape.
- Place them on prepared baking tray. For egg wash, use egg yolk and brush the cookies.
- Finally, use a fork and create shallow lines on the cookies. Place the tray into the oven and bake the cookies for 12 minutes.
- Korjik cookies are good with a cuppa tea or coffee and you can store them in a container out of the fride for a while.