An easy, mouthwatering and comfort chicken stew with juicy Prunes, caramelized onions and Persian saffron create a perfect savoury meal. This dish has unique taste and it serves warm but you can refrigerate it in a container for 3-4 days.
Azerbaijani Chicken Stew with prunes خورش آلو مسمای آذری
- 4 pieces of chicken breast or thighs
- 5-6 prunes for per person
- 3 onion
- 2 cloes of garlic
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 250 ml hot water
- 1 tsp steamed saffron
- ½ tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour water in a pot, add 1 tsp salt. Bring it to boil and add chicken pieces and one
chopped onion and garlic. Allow to cook.Thinly slice two other onions. Season with turmeric and pepper and Sauté the onions
until onions softened.
- Then add prunes and fry for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Once chicken cooked, remove them from the pot and fry with some oil until browned.
- Add chicken meat to the onions. Dissolve chicken stock cubes in 250 ml hot water. Pour the chicken stock on chicken mixture.
- Add steamed saffron. Taste the stew, if there is need, seasoning again.
- Taste the stew, if there is need, seasoning again. Cover the pot with a lid and Let to cook on a
low heat for 30 minutes.
Serve it with saffron rice.