Hello everyone. Do you like green colour?? green colour drinks like green tea, green colour nuts like pistachio, or what about green cake?? Oh I heard some of you say, mocha cake, or pistachio cake. Well those are lovely cakes too but what about Spinach cake?? Yes you heard it right. A super super delicious spinach cake.
But before going to the recipe, let me tell a short funny story. In Iran the term of cake is used to describe cake made with flour, sugar, honey, cream and ….. but once I was in restaurant and I saw fish cake in the menu. I confused, because I had no idea fish cake means something like fish patties. So, I told myself oh my God, fish cake!!! never. I do not like it. Finally I got what is fish cake. 😁😁
So when I say spinach cake, I mean cake cake with lots of cream and sweetness 🍰🍰 This cake is just stunning. You have to try and will know what I am talking about.
Marvellous Green Cake (Spinach cake)
- 320 g all purpose flour
- 250 g fresh spinach leaves, steamed and drained
- 250 g white sugar
- 200 ml sunflower oil
- 50 ml double cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 16 g baking powder
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for filling
- 500 ml whipped cream
- 75 g icing sugar
- 4-5 bananas, sliced lengthwise
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C degree.Add,cooked spinach leaves, cream and oil to the mixer and make it smooth and purée.
- Next, add eggs and sugar to the blender and blend them until light.
- Add eggs mixture, vanilla extract, baking powder and flour to the spinach purée.
- Blend all ingredients on a low setting, until well combined and you have a smooth batter.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Then pour in the batter. Bake it
for 15-20 minutes.
- While cake is baking, we prepare the cream. Using a mixer and combine whipping cream with icing sugar until fluffy.
- When cake done, remove it from the oven and let cool. Pour in 3 tbsp cold milk
all over the cake. It will make the cake texture moist.
- Cut and trim four sides of the cake and crumble it and set aside.
- Place the cake in a platter. Cover top of the cake with half of the prepared whipped cream.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on the cream.
- Next, place lengthwise cut bananas on the cream.
- cover the bananas with remaining of the cream
- Finally for topping, sprinkle pieces of crumbled cake.
- I love the beautiful green colour from spinach and the texture of the cake was perfect.