Tuile is a French word for tile in English and kashi کاشی in Farsi. Coral tuile is made of flour batter for decoration of other dishes and desserts.
With a super easy technique you can create gorgeous coral tuiles. They are crispy and brittle .You can use coral tuiles as garnishes to desserts such as ice cream , cocktails decoration and more.
So what are you waiting for? If you want to surprise your family members or guests, make gorgeous coral tuiles.
- 300 g plain flour
- 200 ml water
- 100 ml Vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- Add flour, salt, water and oil in a bowl. Whisk all ingredients until well combined and smooth.
- Heat a non stick pan on high heat. Pour some of batter in the pan.
- Gradually water leaves the oil. Let to cook for few minutes until bubbles will get formed.
- Now reduce the heat and let the batter to cook. Once it is done, edges of tuile should
start to lift away from the pan.. At this point gently remove the
tuile from the heat and leave to dry on a paper towel .
- If you wish, you can add few drops food colouring to the batter and make colourful tuiles.
You can store them in an airtight container with paper towel in between each tuile until start going soft.