Are you ready to taste a home made Middle East flavours chicken shawarma?? Ok then, this recipe can make you feel happy. Chicken shawaram is one of most favourite street foods in Middle East countries. You can have it with fresh veggies or pickles. It is just about deliciousness. Taste and smell is incredible Very simple ingredients that are available in any kitchen, no complicated recipe.
- 400 g chicken breast, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sumac powder
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Olive oil/ any vegetable oil
Ingredients for yogurt-tahini sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Handful coriander leaves
- Handful mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salt to taste
- In a plate with diced chicken and chopped onion, add olive oil, lemon juice and all
above mentioned spices.
- Give a good stir. Coat the chicken and onion with spice mixture very well. Cover it and let it marinate for 2-3 hours.
- At the same time, place all ingredients for making sauce in a bowl and blend until
smooth. Our sauce is ready now😃😃
- Heat the oil in a pan, add marinated diced chicken and onion and fry it until golden.
- Now add chopped tomatoes to fried chicken. Gently mix everything inside the pan. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Our chicken shawarma is ready. Wrap it with pitta pocket, and topping with yogurt-tahini
sauce along with fresh veggies. Enjoy it 🙂