In the summer time, forget the oven. I’s much better to switch it off and make some desserts like this delicious chocolate fridge cake instead. It’s fun to make a delicious, easy and giant chocolate bar for the kids and those adults who like to ‘indulge’..
It is brilliant idea for a family and friendly gathering. The easiest cake that you can make with chocolate chunks, nuts, fruits, dried fruits, cereal, marshmallows, Crunchies, meringue, smarties, popcorn, and any other scrummy additions you can think of.
In less than 30 minutes it will be ready and then, just chill.
Delicious Choclate Fridge Cake
- cling film
- 200 g milk chocolate, melted
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted
- 100 g Digestive biscuit
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 9 Crunchies bar or Caramel bar
- 2 tbsp double cream (optional)
- Line a tin with cling film.
- In a bowl, add melted chocolate, butter and golden syrup. Mix together.
- Blender digestive biscuit into fine crumbs.
- Now, stir in chocolate mixture into the biscuit.
- Place some of Crunchies into the base of the tin,
- then pour over some of chocolate mixture and press down.
- Top it with other caramel bars
- and pour over chocolate mixture.
- Put the tin into the freezer for 1-2 hours. Remove from the freezer 30
minutes before serving.
- This step is optional, but if you like you can heat the 2 tbsp double cream with some Crunchies and scatter over the cake.