Chicken pilaf/polow or pulao is one of the easy and tasty pilaf recipe. This is a mild spicy, warming, simple and colourful meal for a lazy weekend with family members . It is flavoured with spices, chicken, fresh coriander leaves,
- 4 pieces of chicken breast or thigh
- 2 cups rice, washed and soaked in salted water for 1 hour
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium onions, cut thinly
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp garlic, grated
- 1 lemon juice
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, marinate chicken meat with yogurt, lemon juice, red chilli and some of grated ginger and garlic (keep remains of garlic and ginger for later). Mix all ingredients together and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan. Add all spices: turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, red chilli powder and remaining of grated garlic and ginger.
- Fry them for few seconds and then add chopped onion. Once onion is soften,
- add diced tomatoes and marinated chicken. Gently stir all together.
- Now add some chopped coriander leaves, slat and rice to the mixture.
- In this step, add 3 cups of water.(Any cup you use for rice, use same cup for water too).Mix all ingredients together. Allow to coo for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Then sprinkle more coriander leaves on top of rice. Cover the rice with a lid and let to cook for 15-20 minutes on medium to low heat.