I love these deep fried tomatoes. They look beautiful before and after cooking. They taste delicious and so easy to make them at home. It’s one most tastiest way to use tomatoes. I promise, even if you do not like tomatoes with try these fried ones, you would love it.
Yes I know, I know, some of you avoid fried foods, but sometimes you can not help yourself. Am I right or wrong. Especially with these beauties.
I do not see deep fried tomatoes on the menu of many restaurants. But it does not matter, I can make it at home. Do not worry, even it is your first time you will be succeed. It’s easy peasy to prepare it.
You only need to find big big green, yellow or red tomatoes from your grocery or farm market for this recipe. Just make sure they are tomatoes and they are not over ripe 😊😊
Deep Fried Tomatoes
- Deep pot
- Electric deep fried pan
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup corn flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a plate mix 1 cup plain flour with garlic and onion powder. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with 1/2 cup milk, set aside.
- In third plate, mix corn flour, with bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Wash tomatoes. Slice tomatoes, not to thin not to thick. Sprinkle salt on tomatoes to
taste also get rid of extra moist.
- Heat the oil. Dip both sides of tomato into plain flour mixture,
- then dip into the egg mixture
- and finally dredging into the bread crumb mixture and coat it
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Place tomatoes into the frying pot in batches
of 2-3 (it depends on size of your pot). Flip over when tomatoes have turned golden brown and fry other side too.
- Remove and Drain them on paper towels to remove excess oil. Serve it with sweet chilli sauce
or any sauce you like.