A sensational dessert that you will never forget the delicious taste of that is a deep fried ice cream.
Basically it is ice cream balls covered with bread crumbs or corn flakes and is quickly deep fried and result is a crispy outside and cold ice cream inside.
First time when I heard about deep fried ice cream, I just became amazed and could not believe. Over and over I asked but how it is possible to fry ice cream specially dee fry in high heat?? !!! but when I saw and when I tasted, oh my gosh, it was piece of heaven in the plate. Just delicious.
You will need several hours to prepare and make it, as it should freeze two times and that’s why it will need several hours.
You can use bread crumbs, corn flakes, ground cookies or slices of cake for covering the ice cream balls.
Deep Fried Ice cream
- deep fried pan
- Ice cream scoop
- 3 scoops Ice cream
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Sponge cake loaf
- 1 Egg
- Vegetable oil
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a large ice cream scoop and Scoop out 3 balls of ice cream.
- Place each scoop into the tray. Cover them with cling film and freeze for 2-3 hours or until solid and firm.
- Once ice cream balls solid, slice sponge cake into thin slices. Place 3 slices of sponge
cake on cling film on a chopping board.
- Using a rolling pin and flatten cake slices (as you see in the photos).
- Now take one of ice cream balls and place on the flatten cake.
- Hold the cling film and fold the cake over and shape it to a ball. Then repeat same process with remaining of ingredients. Freeze them again for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, we prepare the batter: in a large bowl, mix flour with egg. Then gradually mix in water and until well combined.
- Heat oil to 400F in a deep fry pan. Remove ice cream balls from freezer.
- Dip each ball into the batter
- And fry each ice cream ball for 20- seconds until golden.