Hello cake lovers😊 All of us more or less know cheese cake . Obviously it is cake made with cheese. But burnt cheese cake is something special. Once I made this cake and when I shared it with a friend, she told me, oh noooo, Rozina did you burn your cheese cake?? I said no and yes.
She said what you mean? This cheese cake is intentionally burnt I said. But still she was looking at me in a way that I am joking with her.
Anyway,the burnt cheesecake originated in the Basque
region in Spain. It is baked at a high heat for about an hour to provide a burnt exterior. This cake has a creamy, sweet and custardy inside with burnt outside. It is a crust less cake.
Making this cake is very very easy, taste delicious and perhaps looks ugly and will crack. i But the point is this burnt cheese cake is just DELICIOUS.
A Beautiful Burnt Cheesecake
- parchment paper
- electric stand mixer
- hand mixer
- 500 g Cream Cheese
- 150 g White sugar
- 250 ml Double cream
- 5 Eggs
- 20 g All purpose flour
the oven to 200C degree.Grease a cake pan with butter or vegetable oil.
- Then line it with overlapping parchment paper. You want to make sure the parchment paper reaches above the pan, as the cake bakes in high heat, it is puff up.
- For making batter, using hand mixer or an electric stand mixer and mix on a medium speed the cream cheese and sugar together until completely smooth and sugar is dissolved. (it will take about couple of minutes).
- Now add the eggs, one at a time. Mix well after each egg addition.
- Once all eggs added and beaten. We should sift the flour over the cream cheese mixture and again beat until combined and incorporated ( about 1 minute).
- At the end add the double cream and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place it in the lower wrack of the oven.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, until top of the cake is burnt 😉😉
- Once it is done, let it cool down in room temperature and then place it in the fridge for 2-3 hours to let it set and then remove it from the pan and slice it. Serve it with a cuppa chai (tea) or coffee. It is perfect now