A creamy soup with lots of flavour and beautiful colour.
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled and seeded
- 1 leek, sliced
- 4-5 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
- crème fraiche ( optional)
- 1 litre water or vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Olive oil
Heat the oil in a saucepan, add leek, pumpkin and potato. Sauté until tender and soft. Sauté carrot and onion , add dried rosemary. Transfer all sautéed ingredients to a pot. Pour orange juice and 1 litre water or vegetable stock, season with salt and pepper. Let to cook thoroughly.
Purée in a food processor. You might serve the soup with crème fraiche and pumpkin seeds.